Where do I report on the day of admission?
The “Main Information Desk” located in the main entrance of the
What do I bring?
- Sleepwear (Nightwear, Slippers & Dressing Gown)
- Toiletries & other personal items – tissues, soap)
- X-Rays and Scans (relevant to your stay)
- All medications ( tablets & puffers) and treatments you are
- Medicare Card & Pension Card
- Veterans’ Affairs Entitlement Card
- Private Health Insurance Fund Membership Card / Book
- Phone Card (can be purchased from most Newsagencies)
What NOT to bring
- Large amounts of money, jewellery and other valuables
- Television set and other electrical equipment
What are hospital visiting times?
||11am – 1.30pm & 3pm – 8pm
||2pm – 8.00pm
|Intensive Care Unit
||Midday - 8.00pm
is a patient rest period between 1.30pm and 3pm
How many visitors can I have?
Two (2) visitors at a time is suggested for your comfort and the
comfort of other patients
What services are available?
- Interpreters – Please Indicate
on your Patient Registration Form or contact the Interpreter
Service on Phone (02) 9828 6088 or the Admissions Department on
9767-6855 if required.
- Chaplain – Ask the Nursing Unit
Manager or any other nurse in your ward
- Disabled Parking – There are a
number of disabled parking areas available. Please visit the
main Security Office or phone (02) 9767 6223
- Equipment Loan Pool - Do you
require aids for daily living? Phone (02) 9767 7919
For Health and Safety reasons smoking is NOT allowed in any
building or on the grounds of the hospital.
Can I use my mobile phone?
Not inside the hospital – Outside the hospital buildings only (
due to interference to medical equipment). Please turn your phone
off when inside the hospital. Bedside telephone services available
in most wards (phone card required).
For enquires regarding Patient Fees prior to your admission
please contact the Private Patient Liaison Officer on 9767 5654 or
phone 9767 5000 and ask for pager 60964, or phone the Admissions
Department on 9767 6855, Monday to Friday between 9am – 4pm
(excluding public holidays).
If you have any concerns or a complaint you may contact the
Patient Representative on 9767 7488 or email:
For further information please ask for a copy of the Concord
Hospital Inpatient Information Booklet available from the Admissions
Department or telephone 9767 6855, Monday to Friday between 9am- 4pm